Many reasons exist to have a tattoo cover-up. Some of these reasons are:
- You may be tired of the design.
- You may not like the way the tattoo turned out.
- Your tattoo has faded over time.
- Your tat reminds you of someone or an event you’d rather forget.
- Your taste in art has changed over the years.
Reasons to Have Tattoo Fading Done Before Covering Your Old Ink
Once you’ve decided to cover up your present tattoo, the first step is to have a tattoo lightening done. Tattoo lightening is done using laser treatments and may take a few sessions before the process is complete. The number of fading treatments you need depends on the colors and amount of ink you need to fade. Once you’ve faded out your tattoo using lasers, you and your artist can start working on your new tattoo design. What are the specific reasons to fade your tattoo before you get new ink? If you’re not sure whether you should get your tat faded before you get a new and improved design, some of the reasons for tattoo fading include:
- Fading your tattoo saves you money. You can lighten your present tattoo before a cover-up, which takes much less time than removing the original ink.
- Lightening your current tattoo gives the artist a smoother canvas on which to work.
- Tattoo artists can perfectly cover your old tattoo with a new design with brighter colors and stronger lines.
- Fading that is monitored by your tattoo artist ensures that your artist can give you the best cover-up possible.
- Using the latest technology in laser tattoo removal tools can help you get that tat faded professionally and in a skin-safe manner.
Check with Vanish Laser Clinic in Alexandria, VA before you decide to have your tattoo replaced. We can help you pick the best way to fade your old ink and get some gorgeous new ink to suit your personality as well as send the message you want to send out to the world.