In order to achieve the best results and ensure that your skin heals properly, aftercare MUST be followed. Vanish Laser Clinic delivers safe and effective results, but it is your responsibility to care for your skin in between treatment sessions. Proper aftercare helps eliminate risks of side effects as well as the spread of infection. All patients will receive detailed aftercare instructions following a treatment. Below are a few simple aftercare tips that encourage fast, flawless healing.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry. Gently wash the treated area with soap and water, then pat to dry. Apply an antibiotic ointment, such as Aquaphor, and cover with a sterile bandage. Repeat this process 3 times a day for the 3 days following a treatment session.
- Avoid soaking activities of any kind. Showers may be taken as long as the treated area is not directly under high pressure water. Baths, pools, hot tubs, oceans, or any other activities that involve soaking must be avoided until the treatment site heals.
- Do NOT meddle with any blisters or scabs that form. Blisters and scabs are a temporary side effect that many patients experience and can last up to two weeks. These side effects are extremely normal and are positive signs that your body is reacting well to treatment and working to remove the ink from your skin. Picking or popping any scabs or blisters may lead to serious infection and more permanent side effects. Scabs and blisters will heal on their own. Once healed, apply an antibiotic ointment to the treatment site for the next 24 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, and/or bronzing products. Wear appropriate clothing or bandaging to keep the treated area covered. Once healed, apply sun block to the treated area everyday.
- Patients can take Tylenol to alleviate any discomfort, but refrain from taking Aspirin as it increases risks of bruising and bleeding.
- Use of Aloe Vera Leaf to help with the healing process and moisturization to the area is highly recommended.
If you experience any unusual activity or have additional questions, please contact our office and one of our expert skin specialists will be able to assist you.